CALENDAR A.Y. 2020-2021
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE – 2nd Semester A.Y. 2020-2021
We Come Up With The Best Students
Graduate Students come to the college to pursue advanced degrees from varied undergraduate backgrounds, a wide range of fields and professions. The student population is composed of local and international students. Whatever the level of study and background, Riyadh Colleges of Dentistry and Pharmacy students are part of a brand new journey in higher education.
- All the students of Riyadh Elm University in various programs for the bachelor’s degree have the right to join the internal scholarship program of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques according to the conditions stated and internal organization of the scholarship from the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Students in the university joining the disciplines of Dentistry, Pharmacy and Medical Allied Sciences are eligible to join the program (Maher 12/12), sponsored by the Human Resource Development Fund under the conditions announced by the Human Resource Development Fund each semester.
Riyadh Elm University e-Learning Basics
Extracurricular Activities are activities that fall outside the scope of the regular curriculum. It means students are going above and beyond their school requirements.
Extracurricular Activities require a regular time commitment and initiative such as being on a sports teams, forming student newspaper, playing musical instruments, or volunteering.
Objectives and Goals:
- Explore interests and creates broader perspectives.
- Make a link between the theoretical and practical parts by participating in different activities.
- Enhancing the Team-work principles and self-esteem.
- Encouraging students to participate in different handicraft activities.
- Encouraging students to take volunteering into the consideration.
- Social and cultural Supervision Committee.
- sports Supervision Committee.
- Students affairs Office.
- Student Council.
- “Big Brother” Group
- “Big sister” Group
- Team 32
Academic year 2018-2019 / 1st semester.
- Celebrating the 88th Saudi National Day
- Big Brothers Workshops
- Big sisters Workshops
- Universities Exhibition at Tarbiyah Namouthajiyah Schools.
- Stem Cells awareness and Donation Campaign.
- Participating in the competition of the National Committee for Narcotics Control (Nibras)
- The Video Games Championship / FIFA2019
- Soccer Champions Legue.
- Artistic Sensations Exhibition.
- Request to be readmitted in the period not exceeding four semester after the dismissal of the academic records.
- Get the acceptance of the College Board to be readmitted.
- If the dismissal of the academic records exceeded four semesters then the student can be readmitted as a new student without looking back at his / her previous records, provided that the requirements for admission at that time apply to him / her.
- It isn’t allowed to readmit more than once, the Board of Trustees can give an exception in some cases.
- It isn’t allowed to readmit a student who exceeds the limit of the academic warnings or exceeds the duration for his / her study at the college.
- It isn’t allowed to readmit a student who has been expelled from the college for educational or disciplinary reasons, or who has been expelled from another university for disciplinary reasons. If it is proven after the readmission that he / she has been expelled for those reasons, then the readmission becomes invalid and cancelled starting from the date of the readmission.
- The student should attend the lectures as well as the practical and clinical sessions. And he / she will be denied from taking the final exam if his percentage of attendance is less than 75% in the credit units, and he / she will be failed in the course and the grade will be (Denied “DN”). The list of denied students is revised and approved by the College’s Board.
- If the student’s absences are not exceeding 50%, the College’s Board has the right to allow the student to take the final exam if the student can provide a valid excuse for his absences.
- The course director is responsible for monitoring and taking the attendance for his / her course.
- If the student fails to attend the final examination in any course for reasons which are out of his/her control, the College Board may, in necessity cases, accept his/her excuse and allow him/her to have a replacement exam maximum by third week of the following semester, and he/she will be given the same mark as he/she gets in the replacement examination.
- The student should present his / her valid excuse in a period not exceeding the end of the second week after the final exams.
- The student is allowed to present an excuse to withdraw / from the studying for a semester without being failed if he she presents an excuse accepted by the college’s dean before the end of the assigned date in the academic calendar. And the student gets the grade (Withdrawn “W”).
- The student is allowed to withdraw from one or more courses if he / she presents an excuse accepted by the college’s dean before the end of the assigned date in the academic calendar.
The student is expelled from the colleges in the following cases:
- If he / she gets three consecutive academic warnings at the most for the dropping of his / her accumulative G.P.A below than 2 out of 5, and the board of trustees, according to a recommendation from the college’s board, can give a fourth chance for the students who can raise he / she accumulative G.P.A to 2 out of 5 by studying the available courses.
- If he / she couldn’t finish the graduation requirements in a period not exceeding half the original duration for the program added to the original duration, and the Board of Trustees can give an exception for the student to finish his graduation requirements in a period not exceeding twice the original duration of the program.
- The student graduates after he / she successfully passes, the graduation requirements according to the curriculum plan provided that his / her accumulative G.P.A is not less than 2 out of 5. The College Board based on a recommendation from the departments can determine specific courses that the student can take to raise his / her accumulative G.P.A.. And that’s only if the student passes the courses but fails in the accumulative G.P.A..
- The student who is assigned to study specific courses to raise his / her G.P.A and doesn’t reach the passing degree is given an exception that doesn’t exceed the limit determined in the rules and regulations by the Ministry of Higher education.
A visiting student is a student who studied some of the courses in another university. The courses that he / she studied are equalized for him / her according to the following conditions:
- The student should have an academic record (Accumulative G.P.A) in the college before his request to study as a visiting student.
- The student should have an in-advance permission from the college to study as a visiting student and the determination of the courses to be studied. The college has the right to request a certain grade to equalize the course. The student is sent off to study with a formal letter from the college.
- The studying should be done in a university approved by the ministry of higher education.
- The course being studied by the visiting student should have equivalent contents and number of credit hours.
- The courses’ grades equalized for the visiting student aren’t included in his / her accumulative G.P.A..
- The visiting student should provide the department of registration and admission with his / her grades that had been acquired in the first two weeks of the semester following the semester that he / she studied as a visiting student. And if the student doesn’t provide the grades, he / she is considered to have discontinued the study for those semesters.
Borrowing, renewing, holding, recalling, returning library materials – Appealing fines – Confidentiality of Library Records.
- Study Space
Places for students to sit and study in order to access and search service in all sources of information.
- Printing Service
Provide a high-quality printing service.
- Ask a Librarian
Email – Call or visit a reference desk.
Reserve materials, which may be books, articles, chapters, etc., are course related materials chosen by faculty for students in their classes. Any instructor teaching a course for RCsDP may place materials on reserve in one of 3 campus libraries.
Rules and Regulations:
- General Library Regulations
- Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted in the Library.
- No bags, etc except files and books may be brought into the Library. Adequate storage facilities have been provided at the entrance to the Library.
- Silence must be observed strictly in the Library.
- Reservation of seats is not permitted. Books and other articles left for any Length of time on chairs and tables may be removed by the library staff.
- Users must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the Library.
- The Library staff on duty has the right to request a user to leave the premises if he is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
- The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- The Loan Service Borrowing is the vital nerve of the library and information services in general, and it is considered one of the most important services provided by public libraries and one of the important indicators on the effectiveness of the library and its relationship with the community of beneficiaries.Its Defined as the process of recording information sources for use outside the library for a certain period of time and record sufficient information about the borrower.General Loan Rules
- Use your student identification card to borrow and return books, (Using another student identification card is forbidden)
- You are not allowed to borrow more than one material at the same time.
- Library materials borrowed must be returned on or before the due date, to avoid delay penalties.
- Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost or damaged.
- A fine can be imposed on anyone returning an overdue book, Loss and Damage.
Overdue book: pay 5 Riyals per day
Loss and Damage: Pay the price of the book in addition to the technical procedures and bookbinding price.
- Materials that are not allowed to be borrowed
References, and journals, releases, theses.
- Do not use the computers to do the following:
- Playing Games
- Playing Music
- Playing Movies
Number of Books allowed to be Borrowed:
- Faculty (4 Books)
- Lecturers and repeaters and graduate students (3 Books)
- Administrative Body (2 Books)
- Students of B.Sc (3 Books)
- Members of the Teaching Faculty 1 Month.
- Lecturers and Repeaters and Graduate Students 3 weeks.
- Administrative Body (1 Week)
- Undergraduate Students (1 Week)
- Beneficiaries can renew the loan for one time only, in case there’s no demand on the borrowed book, but he/she is committed to return the book before the end of the specified lending period.
Sanctions and Fines:
- Overdue book: pay 5 Riyals per day for each book (If the duration exceeds 1 year the book considers missing and results in a fine).
- Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself or requesting the Library to replace it. All books replaced must be of the same edition or the latest edition. If the book is one of a set or series they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
Riyadh Colleges of Dentistry and Pharmacy, provided its faculty, staff and students the Reading Materials and Downloadable Forms.
- Absences Excuse Form
- Student’ Appeal Form
- Registration Form
- Adding and Dropping Form
- Dropping Number of Courses Form
- Dropping Semester Form
- Re-Admission Form
- Mid-Semester Replacement Exam Form
- Exam Replacement Consent Form
- Final Exam Replacement Form
- Suggested Exam Schedule Form
- Program Transfer Form
- Tuition Refund Form
- Withdrawal Form
- Medical Examination Form
- Semester Postponement Form
- Student ID Card Issuing Form
- Visiting Student Registration Form