About College of Applied Medical Sciences
We are on a pursuit for the noble goal of making available the best quality education that the College can offer in the field of dentistry.
The 4-year Bachelor of Dental Assistance, Dental Technology, Dental Hygiene and Clinical Laboratory Sciences Program is a professional training degree which prepares students for comprehensive health training by combining the basic sciences, practical laboratory exercises, clinical skills with an emphasis on the recognition and prevention of oral diseases in lieu of Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists. Similarly for Dental Technology and Clinical Laboratory Sciences a Technical excellence. The CAMS aims for a program that is stimulating and enjoyable and one that develops skills and attitudes to continue learning after graduation.
The curriculum is competency-based, which has been designed and modified recently to reflect the changing needs of the dental profession and the public. The college’s mission is patient-centered with the aim of securing CAMS program graduates who are able to utilize the basic principles of human biology and human behavior in conjunction with their technical skills. In addition, CAMS graduates should also be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines and perform procedures with the patients’ well being in mind.
They should understand the importance of life-long learning to continually improve their knowledge and skill based.
CAMS is committed to ensuring the highest standard of quality education for its students and the continued pursuit of excellence not only in academics but also in research and community service.
- Quality and Excellence: This is evaluated and based on exceptional and cutting edge teaching, and receptive learning.
- Leadership and Collaboration: Devotion to bolstering leadership roles as well as operating on this to accomplish the Mission and objectives of the College of Applied Medical Sciences.
- Open to Criticism: freedom and inspiration to scrutinize the comprehensive component in all aspects of teaching, learning and skill building amongst others.
- Justice: commitment of the college of applied medical sciences to the pillars of ethics in every aspect be it communication, research, and professionalism amongst others.
- Responsibility and Clarity: devoted to archiving all pertinent evidence of the College of Applied Medical Sciences both for protection and accountability of the actions.
- Continuing Education: supporting and instilling lifelong learning, and advocating intellectual growth all in hopes of reflecting to the greater good of the community.
Effective education and training in the field of applied medical sciences resulting in accomplished professionals qualified in competing with their peers at an international level. Along with active contribution towards scientific oral health research and meeting the oral health needs of the society.
To arm the field of applied medical sciences with regional leadership, aspiring to set the College of Applied Medical Sciences as a World Renowned education hub.
Welcome to the College of Applied Medical Sciences! Our vision is that of preeminence in setting the benchmark for defining the future Applied Medical Sciences be it in Education, practice and Research. Using this Vision as our standard, this College is dedicated to harboring local, regional and international leaders that will help guide and tailor our students and alumni to their best potential.
At College of Applied Medical Sciences, opportunity and entrepreneurship are welcomed, the sky is the limit for all students, faculty and staff. Hard work pays off. Our students are encouraged to think outside the box, experiment with new techniques and mingle with mentors for research potentials both locally, regionally and internationally. “You may be new yet your achievements are many”. as said by His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Bin Bandar Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Governor of Riyadh about our prestigious Riyadh Elm University (Formerly known as Riyadh College of Dentistry and Pharmacy established 2004).
If you are interested in joining this CAMS at the prestigious Riyadh Elm University, then you are guaranteed a unique positive experience at our Institute that will immerse you into an environment enriched with intellectuality, diversity, and commitment. You will find opportunity aplenty, support not only by your peers who will emanate exceptionality but also mentors who will guide and direct you every step of the way. Please feel free to skim through our website and visit our campus.
Dr. May AI Khudhairy
DEAN, COLLEGE OF APPLIED MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Dental Assistance Program
- Dental Technology Program
- Dental Hygiene Program
- Clinical Laboratory Sciences Program
- Basic Sciences Program