Master of Clinical Pharmacy & Pharm. D. Certificate
The Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharm. D. Certificate Program offered through Riyadh Colleges of Dentistry and Pharmacy is designed to provide practicing pharmacists the opportunity to extend their education, enhance their clinical skills, and complete Pharm. D. (MSc) training while remaining in the work force. This is an important advancement in the level of practice in the profession of pharmacy. The curriculum promotes active learning, problem solving, and critical thinking and is designed for the adult learner.
Riyadh Colleges of Dentistry and Pharmacy is dedicated to providing this oppotunity using distance learning techniques, primarily internet-based education, to allow practitioners to finish the required course work while continuing to provide pharmaceutical care in their communities. The experiential portion of the program is likewise designed to provide the oppotunity for completion of the required clinical work in the practicing pharmacist home region. Recognizing the needs of the adult learner.
The program allows for individualized assessment of professional competencies to determine placement and allows academic credit for prior learning as evaluated through the students preparation of a portfolio, challenge examinations, or other methods of experiential assessment deemed appropriate by the faculty. All applicants accepted into the program need to be, or willing to become, proficient at using personal computers and must have internet access and an E-mail account. The didactic and experiential portion curriculum is designed to be completed in two (2) years and awarded a Pharm. D. certificate followed by six (6) months of research dissertation to satisfy the requirement for Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacy.
The mission of the program is the delivery of pharmaceutical care. Pharmaceutical care involves the process through which a pharmacist collaborates with a patient and other professionals in designing. Implementing, and monitoring a therapeutic plan that will produce specific therapeutic outcomes for the patient. Therefore, we have two major goals for the Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharm. D. program.
These goal are:
- To provide graduates with a basic core of knowledge, skills, values and attitudes needed by pharmacists to meet the professional competencies necessary to become generalists who pratice pharmaceutical care.
- To prepare graduates to assume leadership in the provision of pharmaceutical care and advance the practice of pharmacy.
- Increased use of prescription medications;
- Market growth and competition among retail pharmacies resulting in increased pharmacist positions, expanded store hours, and new store openings;
- Expansions in pharmacy practice and pharmacists' roles and professional oppotunities.
- Increased access to health care and the increased number of health care providers authorized to prescribe medications;
- Changes in the pharmacist workforce, including the greater number of women pharmacists and their shorter work patterns; and
- The double impact of increased insurance coverage for prescription drugs, resulting increase in both prescription volume and the number of third-party payment issues that need to be resolved.
Annual Fee: 100,000 SR
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Four (4) pcs. 4x6 photo with blue background
- Degree Certificate
- Internship Certificate
- TOEFL Result Certification
- Release Letter from Sponsor/Employer for the duration of study
- Three (3) copies of Recommendation Letters
- Brief Essay (maximum of 300 words) which relates the applicant's career goal to the program goal
- Passport and ID Photocopy
- Accreditation and Professional Registration ID ( from Saudi Commission for Health Specialties )
- Registration fee of SR 10,000 (refund terms and conditions apply). ONLY validated bank deposit slip must be submitted.
Account Name: RIYADH COLLEGES OF DENTISTRY AND PHARMACY
IBAN No : SA 94 4 000000000
SAMBA Account # : 2600956808
|Dr. Mansour K. Assery
Vice-Dean for Postgraduate and Scientific Research
|00966-1-2931177 Ext: 142 / 173
||00966-1-2931177 Ext: 146 / 277