Journal Club Activity
The Journal Club
Each intern will be grouped according to an assigned journal. Each assigned journal will comprise of a minimum of (5) members wherein the group leader will be nominated at the beginning of the rota. The 1st presentation by the group leader will only be the introduction of the assigned journal where the duration will be maximum of (10) minutes. The succeeding presentations by the group will cover the current issue of the journal publication (case presentation, literature review, original research, letter for editor and others). The coordinator of the journal club will give chance to give (3) groups to have a (10) minutes presentation by one member of each group based on the articles they read followed by (10) minutes discussion.
Objectives of Journal Club
Responsibilities of the Journal Club Group Leader
- To give chance for the intern at RCDP to be updated and exposed to the current dental literature in a selected non-specialty journal
- To select journals at international level
- To gain knowledge from the different publications of dental journals.
Responsibilities of the Journal Club Group Member
- To coordinate the activity every week with his/her colleagues
- To distribute the job and give assignments to meet the goals and commitments of the group
- Responsible to instruct his/her members to provide copies of the articles they read to all interns by electronic communication and cc to the Intern Seminar Director, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Be sure to meet the standard required duration not exceeding (10) minutes presentation followed by (10) minutes discussion.
- Do subscriptions under his/her name to have the copyright which is valuable and advantageous.
Guidelines of Journal Presentation
- To cooperate with the group leader regarding his/her assignments
- To provide copies of the articles they read to all interns by electronic communication and cc to the Intern Seminar Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To present an article they read by powerpoint not exceeding (10) minutes followed by (10) minutes discussion.
- To evaluate the article they presented from the highest rating of (5) to the lowest rating of (0).
- Open the website of the dental journal assigned to you.
- The Group leader must assign his/her members to collect the following information:
- Complete name of journal
- Aims and scope
- Name of Publisher or Publishing Company
- Name of Editorial Board
- Author Background
- Country where it is published (Origin of publication)
- Date of first publication
- Number of Journals published since they started
- Advertising information (policy, orders including subscription price, inquiries and contact nos.)
- ISBN or ISS no.
- Frequency of Publication
- The leader must subscribe to the journal assigned to his/her group and to arrange with his/her members with regards to the payment for the journal subscription.
- The presentation by the Group Leader which is by powerpoint must cover all the gathered information by each of the members. Duration: maximum of (10) minutes.